On Imparfaite, partner sellers freely set the price of their pieces on the basis of numerous criteria such as material, rarity, brand or even condition.
€54: this is the average price of a vintage piece on Imparfaite
(this includes all winter coats and designer pieces)
From t-shirts or blouses for a few euros to rare luxury pieces, €54 is the average price of items posted online on Imparfaite, because our desire is to make vintage accessible for all wallets.
The work of professional vintage sellers
It takes a lot of patience and passion to find beautiful, quality pieces. Some figures:
- 3 hours: this is the average search time to find 1 beautiful piece in good condition
- 60Kg of clothes sorted = 1 beautiful piece found
- 30 min: this is the average time to restore a room.
This includes washing it (machine but often by hand to avoid damaging it), ironing it and correcting some minor defects (e.g. sewing a lining or a button)
The distribution of the price
On each product sold, 80% of the price is paid to the partner seller and the rest corresponds to the Imparfaite commission.
Example: on a piece at €54, the seller receives €48 and Imparfaite receives €10.80
What the Imparfaite commission finances
- financial costs (Paypal and Stripe) of €1.70 per item sold on average, for secure payments.
moderation of pieces offered by sellers by a team of stylists
- free returns from France
- technical costs linked to the platform (web servers for example)
- the salaries of the 15 people who make up the team (Customer Care to answer customer questions, Sales to support sellers, Marketing to bring the community to life, Technique to develop the functionality of the site, etc.)
Are the prices more expensive than in thrift stores?
For equal product: No!
We only have the cream of vintage on Imparfaite. All the inexpensive pieces (but often poor quality) that you find in certain thrift stores do not pass moderation. The goal is to save you time by offering you the best selection of vintage items.
The final word
We work hard every day to offer you fair prices and an impeccable experience that makes you want to shop here and nowhere else.
We wanted to be transparent with you because we too, as consumers, are sometimes frustrated not to understand the price listed on the label.
Now you know everything!